Resume / CV For Bruno Steppuhn
I am a highly driven entrepreneur with more than 17 years experience in consumer software, web application software, and online brand management.
Leading the development and commercialization of new products and services has been the primary focus of my experience including value proposition and business model development. Throughout my career, I have led small to medium sized teams to develop products. More recently, opportunities with current clients include optimizing internal workflow and developing processes that create efficiencies for general business operations. The results of my work increase project ROI and help my clients adopt up-to-date business practices in today’s competitive markets.
Since early 2009 I have raised multiple seed capital rounds grossing over $1M for a number of startups and small business ventures. One of which led me to grow my skills as an entrepreneur further, in Silicon Valley for five consecutive months in 2011, through the Canadian Technology Accelerator Program at Rocket-Space located in San Francisco, California.
Presently, I work with fast-paced forward-thinking companies within software technology based industries to manage product development and online brand development strategies. Meanwhile, I am also continuing my academic pursuits by completing my undergraduate degree at the Haskayne School of Business in Commerce majoring in Finance.
- Value Proposition Design
- Business Model Development
- Operations Management
- Product Management
- Sales and Business Development
- Private Capital Fundraising
Industries and Vertical Markets
- Video Game Software and Tools
- Consumer Software Products
- Digital Product eCommerce
- Online Marketing
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Calgary, Haskayne: Enrolled
- Architectural Design Certificate – SAIT: Completed
- CAD Drafting Certificate – SAIT: Completed
- Project Management
- Video Game Design (PC/Mobile)
- Unreal Engine 4
- Web Development (HTML/CSS)
- Photoshop, Indesign, Premier
- Game Analytics (Mobile)
- Web Analytics
Diversify Alberta’s driving mission is to champion and advocate Alberta’s growing collective of business diversity through actionable leadership.
Xpan Interactive Ltd.
Leading the charge for Xpan’s web development and marketing division, my task is to grow the company’s portfolio as a trusted, forward thinking brand for medium to enterprise level businesses. Unlike typical web marketing agencies, on-side with our growing eLearning and interactive business unit, there are apparent opportunities to take our skills and technologies online to meet the internal and external needs of today’s growing companies.
From my experience living in the heart of Silicon Valley as an entrepreneur, I created Startup Slyngshot as an opportunity to coach eager startup founders in some of the fundamentals of starting an early stage venture.
- Developed a four stage program with a curriculum that caters to pre-revenue startups.
- More than half of the cohorts have gone on to win pitch contests, attain additional funding, and commercialize their products.
Solid Site Inc.
As Solid’s head of internal efficiency, my role encompassed projects that contribute to the overall growth of the company.
- Introduced new client engagement policies, project management best practices, and more efficient fiscal management.
- Created The Solid Services program which directly increased annual client spending budgets by 200% and opened opportunities for further engagement to increase ROI for each of Solid’s respective clients.
- In the second half of 2014/2015 fiscal year, my role helped the company increase monthly revenues by more than 2x and the company is on track to continue the growth trend for the fiscal of 2015/2016.
Appsquire Consulting Ltd.
Fluik Entertainment, in conjunction with Appsquire Consulting, developed an internal tool that tracked player related data, sent push notifications, and A/B tested campaigns. My role was pivotal in the first commercialization phase of the product called Yerdy (http://yerdy.com).
- Led the team to develop a web-based user-friendly dashboard, platform specific SDK Packages for developers, and integrated the product into games developed by Fluik Entertainment for beta testing.
- Managed the development of new features that included outlier and cheater detection as well as ad monitoring from services such as Chartboost and Vungle. Fluik Entertainment now uses the product across all of its mobile game products.
- Acted as interim producer for updates and the development of some of Fluik Entertainment’s mobile games such as Amazing on the Kindle Fire, Castle Wars for Google Play, and Alphie the Squid on multiple platforms.
Fabler Comics Inc.
Together with my co-founder, I set out to create a more viable distribution and marketplace platform for independent web-comic creators. My role in the company was to raise capital, lead product development, sell the product to customers, and conduct business development.
Fabler Comics, was a dual market, publishing and distribution marketplace platform for digital comics. Designed and built to make self publishing and distributing comics easier and more profitable than the current webcomic culture. The product completed prototyping phase and went commercial in 2009.
- In 2010, I accepted the Digital Alberta award for the “Best Use of Social Media,” resulting from the company’s unique product offering.
- In 2011, I accepted a position in Rocket-Space as a cohort through The Canadian Technology Accelerator program in San Francisco where I worked along side other Entrepreneurs from countries around the world.
Zensoft Studios Inc.
Zensoft was founded by me and a consortium of small video game companies, in the early mobile gaming and multiplayer video game spaces.
- Raised capital and led the team to create simulations, learning based games, and eLearning content for many of their clients over the years.
- Led acquisitions of, PHP Overlord, Crowded Games, and Dragonfish Games.
- Completed projects, publishing more than 50 titles, with many small and medium sized business such as, Mind Fuel (formerly Science Alberta), Agrium, Husky Energy, Bombardier, SRI International, Stanford University, and University of Southern California.
Gran Tierra Energy
As a project management consultant, I managed the planning, procurement, and implementation of a multi-national IT infrastructure project between Canadian, Colombian and remote field sites.
As a hobbyist video game modder, I founded the company set on developing multiplayer game experiences in virtual worlds.
- Raised capital to develop the company’s first prototype. Led a team comprised of both in-house and remote-based developers in both Canada and the USA.
- Led the company to develop an innovative software platform that enabled game consoles, j2ME based mobile phones, and PC’s to communicate simultaneously, called Agnostic.
- Experience with with early-smartphones helped enabled us to develop some of the first Location Based games slated for mobile game players.
Canadian Centre for Advanced Leadership in Small Business (CCAL)
Innovate Calgary – The Inc
- 2010 – Fabler Comics Inc.: Digital Alberta Media Fresh Awards, Best Use of Social Media
- 2011 – Fabler Comics Inc.: Keiretsu Forum, Jump Start Days Pitch Contest, Runner Up Award